Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Father's Denial

I called Dad today. I wondered if I could fly down to Florida and take some video of him for I Quit Smoking. Since he speaks with an electronic voicebox, I thought I'd get some video for the website. He is all for it but there is still a little problem:

Dad still maintains the belief that a fishbone got caught in his throat and that caused his cancer. Ok, Dad, if that keeps you emotionally healthy to not take responsibility for your cancer, so be it. I have long since given up talking to him about the real reason he got cancer...DUH, 2 packs a day of no filter Camels!! Think that just might have had something to do with it?

Oh well...I'll pay him for the video and then maybe he will portray the humbleness of someone who caused his own problems...doubt it, but we'll see.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh, I saw your story. I hope your father comes out of his denial. He is lucky to be alive!