Friday, February 22, 2008

I really did like my cigarettes...





Everyone has a story so I'll start this blog by telling mine:


I started smoking at 12 years old. I thought I was so cool...I kinda looked like the girl on the left. I loved looking in the mirror and seeing how "sexy" I was with a cigarette in my hand. It didn't take long and my "cool" parents allowed me to smoke at home with them.


By the time I was 17, I was smoking over 2 packs a day. My voice was very hoarse but still I thought it was "sexy." My skin didn't look so great either. I toyed with the idea of quitting but I wasn't ready yet. 2 years later my dad got cancer of the voicebox. You'd think that would make me quit ...nope.


It took another 20 years before I was able to quit. Oh...don't get me wrong, I haven't quit Nicotine. I have only quit smoking. Nicorette gum has been my replacement friend for the past 6 years.


My lungs are healthier. My voice is higher. I can run faster....but I am STILL addicted.

0 comments: